Sunday, November 15, 2009

Is The Glass Half Full?

Although it is sometimes difficult, I try to have a positive attitude. I try to see the good side of things. 

My philosophy is that the glass is half full. 

But lately I have been challenged to the point where I am wondering if there is even water in the cup.

Water is, after all, clear. Perhaps I am looking for the water from the wrong angle.
 

In the face of hard times, I try to remain optimistic, and say, “Things will get better.” But damn, times haven’t been as hard as they are now. What is especially demoralizing is that things seem out of my control.
 

Typically, when I have problems, I think the situation through and search for solutions. In this case, however, no solution seems to remedy the situation, nothing I do seems to fix things. That hurts. That makes me feel helpless. Powerless. Weak.
 

Yet even with that sense of helplessness, something has kept me from feeling completely defeated, something has given me the ability to have an unwavering spirit in the face of adversity. That something is love.
 

Love empowers me. It makes the feelings of despair go away, and it prevents me from collapsing. Most importantly, love reminds me why life is meaningful and worth living.
 

Will that love last? I guess only time will tell.

No comments: