Thursday, June 26, 2008

Brief Introduction

First and foremost, welcome to my world; I thank you for joining me on this exciting journey.

This medium will be used to express my views on politics, culture, society, and, more generally, life.


The origin of my blog’s title
“The Ghetto Times”is simple. One part stems from my love of The New York Times, which I read daily. The other part stems from how I see the world: through an intellectualized, ghettoized prism.

My perspective
with all its flaws, contradictions, and imperfectionsis grounded in liberalism, rationality, and the ideals of the Enlightenment.

Yet my perspective also stays true to where I’m from: two Dominican parents, public school education, poverty, welfare, crime, section 8, and, most recently, divorce.


Ultimately, I plan to fuse these elements in order to provide the audience with an uncensored version of my experiences and viewpoints.


Finally, it is noteworthy that my blog will be updated frequently
most likely, twice a weekand even more when my life is in eventful stages.

Your feedback—random readers, friends, and family members—is of upmost importance to me. Be honest, direct, and critical!



6 comments:

Hiem da Dream said...

My dude is a scholar now...enlighten me my bruvah...and grant me the serenity to accept the things i cannot change and the wisdom to know the difference.

Laly POP! said...

me encanta!!

Christina said...

I Love your blog Cris.Very enlightening. U have such a way with words.

Anonymous said...

nice choice of words dude! would love to see you post more often. You sound very intellectual. Continue with the blog man. I will continue to read. You sound like an activist. I recommend you taking an African American class which features the social changes in history. Good look and at God's Speed

aztekdood13 said...

We will read how you see things...interesting..cant wait for more.

Anonymous said...

You are one Humble peaice of ass... good work keep up the work some day you will get a lucky women who can share these intellectual thoughts....

Fortune Cookie: "You will be Succeced in anything you touch"

Victor Ventura